Kids will Eat Their Veggies When They are Cooked Like This
Kids will eat their veggies when you incorporate them into foods they like. As you may know, one of the hardest things any mother has to do is convince her kids to eat vegetables. Tajin® seasoning has found a way to ease this arduous task by making them more flavorful for children to eat. Below I share some recipes that offer great ideas to moms who are on a mission to make mealtime so delicious and nutritious kids will eat their veggies.
Parents getting ready for back to school will appreciate these healthy snacks and lunch ideas kids will eat. Mom and TV personality Chef Claudia Sandoval, MasterChef winner, created these recipes with her challenge to get her kids to eat fruits and veggies in mind:
32 oz whole kernel sweet corn, thawed if frozen or drained if canned
¾ cup finely diced onion
¼ cup Serrano chili peppers cut in slices
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons TAJÍN® Clásico Seasoning. (Optional TAJÍN® Clásico Low Sodium)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a cooking pot large enough to accommodate all the ingredients.
2. Sauté the onions and the Serrano chili peppers until the onions become translucent.
3. Add the corn and season with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle with TAJÍN® Clásico Seasoning and serve. (Optional TAJÍN® Clásico Low Sodium)
Ants on a Log
8 each Celery ribs, cut into 3 pieces (3-4 inches each)
8 ounces / 227 grams Cream Cheese
2 tablespoons / 30 gr TAJÍN® Clásico seasonig (or TAJÍN® Clásico low sodium seasoning)
1/2 cup / 120 ml Raisins
1. Combine cream cheese and TAJÍN®.
2. Taste. Add more TAJÍN® if desired.
3. Cut a thin strip from the bottom of each celery piece to make it sit flat. Fill each piece of – celery with cream cheese mixture.
4. Add a row of raisins to each piece for the “ants.”
- 2 medium cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 cup / .25 liters shredded carrots, shredded
- 8 ounces / 227 grams cream cheese with chives and onions
- 1 Tablespoon / 15 ml Tajín Clasico (or Tajín Clasico low sodium)