New Caribbean-Inspired Chicken Pinchos and Cheese Empanadas are on the Menu
They have the grill fired up at Pollo Tropical where they are cooking up a new Caribbean dish – Chicken Pinchos Skewers. Tender chunks of chicken are citrus marinated and then flame grilled to perfection. You can get the Pinchos on a platter with two sides, in a TropiChop or as a side. I had the platter with the Yellow Rice with veggies in a special seasoning, black beans made-from-scratch (a healthy choice), and the Balsamic Tomatoes, vine ripened tomatoes and red onions in a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. (There was an added charge for the third side.) This platter makes a very filling meal and I thought the Chicken Pinchos were tender and tasty with their slight citrus zest.
Wondering how to TropiChop?
- First you pick your main dish (Chicken Pinchos for instance).
- Next pick your base of your favorite rice, or use the lettuce, or go 1/2 lettuce and 1/2 rice.
- Then top it off with made-from-scratch beans, chopped tomatoes, corn, sautéed onions or sautéed peppers and onions.
- Lastly bring on the flavor with one of their signature sauces from their saucing bar. Choose flavorful favorites like Pineapple Rum, Cilantro Garlic or Spicy Poyo Poyo.
That’s it, now dig in!
The Cheese Empanadas have a crispy corn-meal outer shell and creamy, gooey white cheese inside that pulls apart as you open it. It’s kind of like opening a hidden gem. These were such a hit on their menu last year, Pollo Tropical just had to bring them back. So glad they did. After you eat them once, you will be craving them again. The Empanadas come with the Fresh Salsa.
- Go empanada crazy with the crispiest corn meal shell and meltiest cheese center for just $2.39
- Chicken Pinchos are available as a platter with two sides for $6.59, in a TropiChop with a drink included for $5.79 and as a side for $1.99
The Chicken Pinchos and the Cheese Empanadas are only available for a limited, so get in now to try them out.
And just a friendly reminder, every Tuesday Kids Eat Free at Pollo Tropical at all locations all day long
- Guests who purchase any Pollo Tropical adult meal will receive one free Kids Meal. The offer is valid for children 12 and under and the child must be present at the time. We welcome all families to our restaurant to experience the fun of Kids Eat Free Tuesdays!
**Full Disclosure: I received lunch in exchange for my review. All opinions in this post are totally mine.
Location: At this writing there are 8 Pollo Tropical locations in and around San Antonio. I went to the 20518 US 281 N, San Antonio, TX location for this review.
Phone: For this location: 210.404.9187
Hours: For this location 10:30am to Midnight daily