Photo credit: Amanda Spencer
Looking for that Special Spot to Take Mom on Her Special Day
I you haven’t decided on a place to take Mom for Mother’s Day yet, I have a few excellent places to recommend. Whether you are considering dinner, brunch or just a place to enjoy an outing with a nice cup of coffee and delicious pastry, I have you covered! Check out some of my favorite hot spots in San Antonio!
- Hours: 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Bakery Lorraine will have special pastries available on Mother’s Day, including:
- Heart Shaped Pop Tarts: A favorite of kids and adults alike, these pop tarts are just like what you grew up with, but made with extra care. Filled with strawberry jam in a sweet heart shape to show your love for Mom.
- Raspberry Rose Japonaise: A beautifully spiraled macaroon filled with Raspberry Rose mascarpone cream and fresh raspberries, garnished with a rose petal and even another raspberry.
- Flower Bouquets for Sale: Vintage Heart Farm will have fresh bouquets full of brightly colored poppies, zinnias, dusty miller and more available at Bakery Lorraine. All bouquets are hand tied and wrapped with ribbon.
- Hours: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (normally Southerleigh is closed on Sundays, but will open for Mother’s Day).
- Southerleigh will be offering a special brunch menu. Each mom coming to the brunch will be offered a complimentary Mimosa created for the occasion.
SUPPER AT HOTEL EMMA:
- Hours: Breakfast: 7 a.m. – 10 a.m. Lunch: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Dinner: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Supper at Hotel Emma will be offering a complimentary glass of champagne to all mothers coming into the restaurant on Mother’s Day.
- Hours: Brunch: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Dinner: 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Brigid will be offering a prix fix 3-course menu during dinner on Mother’s Day for $75. Options on menu include:
- First Course: Spring pea tarragon soup, or Strawberry balsamic frisee.
- Second Course: Smoked duck breast with prosciutto risotto, or Poached arctic char with cucumber and beet salad, or Seared sous vide beef tenderloin with pomme anna.
- Third Course: Opera cake, or Bandera blueberry and peach cobbler.
Any of these fine restaurants will surely delight Mom on her special day!