SchMAC and Cheese
Recipe & image credit: Schmacon™
New Easter Brunch Trend Featuring Amazing Schmacon™, Beef’s Answer to Bacon™
Host an unforgettable Easter brunch with updated classic seasonal dishes featuring Schmacon™, Beef’s Answer to Bacon™, the hottest new trend for brunch! Preparing strata with Schmacon™ adds a modern unique kick to the home-style brunch staple. A deliciously unexpected combination of flavors, this breakfast delight combines tasty Schmacon™, eggs, cheese and savory spices.
Schmacon™ is all-natural with a crispy finish that rivals that of traditional bacon. The result is an easy to prepare, delicious take on a food favorite that is a delicious treat to surprise family and friends with for Easter brunch. With less calories, fat and sodium and more protein than most pork bacons, Schmacon™ is primed to become a not-so-guilty pleasure.
See other brunch recipe ideas from Schmacon™ below:
- 10 Schmacon™ Slices crisped and diced
- 10 Schmacon™ slices uncrisped
- ½ Cup Diced Onion
- ½ Cup Diced Peppers (Your Favorite)
- 3 Cups Sliced Mushroom
- 8 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Half-and-Half
- 8 Cups Diced Bread
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ½ cup Chopped Chives
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Thyme
- 3 ½ Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Cook 10 pieces of Schmacon™ until crisp. Allow to cool and dice. Sauté onion, mushroom and peppers. In a mixing bowl whisk eggs and half-and-half together. Stir in Schmacon™, onion, mushrooms and peppers. Add bread, chives, rosemary, thyme and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Mix well and transfer mixture to a 9” x 13” greased pan. Spread mixture evenly in the pan and top with 2 ½ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese and 10 remaining uncrisped Schmacon™ slices. (Schmacon™ slices can be arranged in a lattice pattern or any desired pattern.) Wrap strata and place in refrigerator overnight.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake strata for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
1 pound pasta, any shape
1 ½ cups whole or 2% milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 to 3 cups shredded cheese, like Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby (can be mixed)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon powdered mustard
½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
8 slices crisped Schmacon, chopped into ½ inch chunks
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Cook Schmacon in oven according to directions. Chop into ½ inch chunks. Set aside.
- For the cheese sauce, begin warming 1 cup of the milk in the saucepan over medium heat. Whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup of milk and the flour until there are no lumps. When you just start to see steam rising from the warming milk, whisk in the milk-and-flour mixture. Continue whisking gently until the milk thickens slightly to the consistency of heavy cream, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and begin mixing handfuls of cheese into the milk. Stir in the salt, pepper and mustard. Stir until all the cheese has melted and the sauce is creamy. Adjust the seasonings as desired. Remove the sauce from heat.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta and half of the cheese sauce. Stir to coat the pasta evenly.
- Sprinkle Schmacon™ on top or mix into the pasta.
half of an iceberg lettuce head
6 slices of Schmacon™, chopped
6-8 cherry tomatoes
2 ounces of blue cheese crumbles
2 ounces of blue cheese dressing
1 small carrot
Cut lettuce into four sections. Shred carrots. Slice tomatoes. Assemble ingredients on lettuce and pour dressing over.
Schmacon™ is a smoked, uniquely seasoned, crispy whole muscle beef product. It is easy to prepare, cooks in half the time of raw pork bacon and has less calories, fat and sodium. Schmacon™ can be used anywhere traditional bacon can be used – as a breakfast protein, in side dishes and sandwiches, or as a topping. For more information, please visit schmacon.com.