Culinaria Wine and Food (and Booze) Festival,
Chop It Like It’s Hot in San Antonio May 19-22, 2016
Early Bird discount pricing ends February 29th!
Guests can purchase tickets for each individual event or opt for the all-inclusive experience. All of the tickets and pricing can be found here: http://www.eventbrite.
Culinaria is Texas’ premier food and beverage nonprofit, with a mission to celebrate, educate and collaborate with partnering chefs, winemakers and bartenders. Reaching global audiences, and offering a variety of experiences, the annual Culinaria Wine and Food Festival offers something for everyone. In recent years, Culinaria has moved away from having a central theme, but, if you were to describe this year’s line-up of events, the theme would definitely be more. San Antonio has long been known as a crossroads of cultures and cuisines, all to be celebrated at the Culinaria Festival.
From dinners to burgers to boozy brunch to daytime luncheons and late night after parties, attendees can expect more of their favorite events, chefs, beverages and entertainment. In addition to new events, the Culinaria Festival has a new host, the beautiful and freshly renovated La Cantera Resort on the cusp of the Texas Hill Country.
A sprinkling of the new and fabulous 2016 line-up is as follows:
NEW EVENT: UNDERGROUND KITCHEN (The Dinners)
Locations To Be Announced All Over Town
May 19, 2016
Throw the stuffy, long dinner away and dive into the Underground Kitchen as we shake things up a bit and bring chefs, winemakers and mixologists to unique venues. These dinners will resemble more of an evening with friends around your own dining table or backyard patio for that matter. Okay fine, we’re throwing in one or two stuffy dinners.
Becker Vineyards Lavender Haus
May 20, 2016 11:30 AM
$75 Advance Purchase Only
There is plenty of wine at this star-studded event among the vines of one of the Texas Hill Country’s most prominent wineries, Becker Vineyards. Four popular San Antonio chefs will pair dishes along guest winemakers. The result is an afternoon ever so tasty, informative, and the ideal way to start the weekend. Prepare to stay all day, this event is a leisurely one: eat and sip, tour the winery, learn more on Texas’ winemaking history and usher in a new festival weekend.
NEW EVENT: BACK TO BUBBLES
La Cantera Resort
May 20, 2016 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
$50 in advance, $65 at the door
High end and fabulous, this event is all that sparkles. We’ve resurrected a favorite
NEW EVENT: TACOS AND TALK (AND TASTING)
La Cantera Resort Plaza San Saba
May 21, 2016 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
$50 ($75 at the door) – Ages 21 & Older
$10 – under 21, free – 5 & under
On Saturday, we are incorporating a full day of enjoyment in one location. One ticket allows you access to all things happening on the premises. Need highlights, here are a few: technology and food integration panels, urban farming, cocktail panels, wine seminars, cooking demos, media panels and lounges of flavor and of course, wine, beer and spirits.
- 9 am – YOGA – Prepare your mind and body for a day of having fun by focusing and relaxing in the Texas Hill Country serenity.
- 11:00 am – LOVE OF TEXAS – All things Texas Wine.
- 11:30 – 2:30 – TACO TOWN – WE know San Antonio’s best in this category and we’ve never met a taco we didn’t like. Celebrate San Antonio with chef driven tacos that range in flavor like our culturally influenced city. Local and visiting chefs take you on a taco tour where you’ll find it’s a little bitt spicy and there’s plenty of flavor.
- 12:15pm – AMERICAN WHISKEY – Mix your own cocktails at this hands on and shaken seminar.
- 1:30 pm – URBAN FARMING – All things hydroponic, plus information on the Culinaria Farm.
- 2:30pm – MORE THAN A PRETTY BOTTLE – Come see how those pretty labels stand up
- 3:30 pm – COFFEE & BOOZE – Two flavors we always love – come see how you can mix the two and create
- Cooking Demo’s
- Mixology Seminar
La Cantera Resort
May 21, 2016 7:00 PM -10:00 PM
$100 ($125 at the door) – Ages 21 & Older
The re-imagined Grand Tasting: creations by talented local and guest chefs and wine and spirits brought to you at one spectacular event. This long-running event of Culinaria will feature some spectacular elements and all of the sights and sounds that make such a celebration complete. The limited access to the tasting will give you the opportunity to personally engage with some of the top and carefully selected local chefs who bring their premium cuisine. Also included: dancing, music and entertainment you’ll need to see to believe. It’s too hot to print.ALL ABOUT BRUNCH
TIME TBABURGERS, BBQ & BEER
May 22, 2015 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
$50 ($75 at the door)
$10 – under 21, free- 5 & under
The Grills are Hot, the Burgers are Big and The Beer is Cold. We know you’re all about that smoke and meat. So, rest assured Burgers, BBQ & Beer is here and you can throw down with your favorite chefs. The smoke and smells will lead you to your favorite chefs; you’re in charge of paring their creations with a beer, cocktail or glass of wine. A recipe for the perfect afternoon event, pick your favorite creation and we’ll award the chef who brings it home. Roll up your sleeves and dig in, the bib is optional.Hot Information:
- Tickets: We have tickets for every budget, we’ve planned something for everyone. They can be purchased a la carte or for the all-inclusive experience, we recommend the VIP pass options, which allow access to the exclusive after-parties…or you can grab and go to one event at a time.
- Hotel Packages Available – visit culinariasa.org for the details.
- The Size Y’all: Large and small, boutique and grand, we have an event size to suit your style, visit our website often as we add new and cool events.
- Sponsors: H-E-B, Bud Light, Texas Monthly, La Cantera Resort, Magnolia Pancake Haus and many more.
- Looking for The Food Truck Event? It’s spinning off in to it’s own stand-alone event. Save the date for September 11th, it’s going to be a tasty weekend.
About: Culinaria is an independent, not-for-profit organization committed to promoting San Antonio as a premier wine and food destination while fostering community growth and enrichment. Culinaria is a registered 501 c (3) tax-exempt organization. There is a valued volunteer board of directors who represent the community and guide the organization in its mission.
From Farm to Fork: Coming to life in Summer of 2016, The Farm is a strategic extension of Culinaria in the form of education and the homegrown effort of many passionate chefs, food professionals, farmers, volunteers, sponsors and a very passionate staff. The Farm will become the perfect place to learn where your food comes from, while chefs play a starring role in showing you how to create the best flavors from the food you can grow at home. For more information, please email info@culinariasa.
Spread the Foodie Love: Follow Culinaria on Twitter or Instagram or like us on Facebook to keep up with our campaigns and events. Our Hashtags include: #EatDrinkFarm #CulinariaFestival #