Decadent Mocha Bundt Cake that is Packed with Love, Flavor and Less Sugar
Searching for the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert recipe that will wow your family, or that special someone? Terra’s Kitchen‘s Mocha Bundt Cake is packed with love and flavor, not to mention also low in sugar! A Valentine’s Day (or any day) chocolate indulgence with half the guilt and twice the jolt. This decadent, delicious mix of chocolaty goodness, with a hint of coffee flavor, is the perfect ending to an amazing Valentine’s Day dinner!
Chocolate Mocha Bundt Cake
Recipe courtesy of Terra’s Kitchen
- 2 cups cake flour, plus more for dusting
- 2/3 cup high quality cocoa powder, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the pan, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 5 tablespoons cold brewed coffee (we use Baltimore-based Zeke’s Coffee)
- Butter Coffee Pour Over (recipe to follow)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease a Bundt pan with butter (we used a heart-shaped Bundt for Valentine’s Day). Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar. Beat on medium speed until the mixture is smooth and light in texture (about 5 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down the bowl after each addition. Add the sour cream and coffee and mix until combined.
- Gradually add the dry JUST until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt and bake until the center of cake springs back when touched and a skewer inserted near the center comes out clean (about 45-50 minutes).
- Remove the cake from the oven and pour Butter Coffee Pour Over mixture over the hot cake. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Release the sides and bottom of the cake from the pan with a narrow metal spatula or knife. Invert the pan onto a plate or cake stand. Remove the pan and dust with cocoa powder or powdered sugar before serving.
Butter Coffee Pour Over
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brewed dark roast coffee (we use Zeke’s Coffee)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Add ingredients to a small sauce pan over low heat, stirring until all the sugar has dissolved. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
For more information on Terra’s Kitchen visit www.terraskitchen.com.