Dad Wants Food for Father’s Day so Here are Some Dad-Approved Recipes
Dads can be tough to shop for, especially on Father’s Day. But everyone knows the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach! So why not give Dad what he really wants this year and cook up these simple recipes, that everyone can help prepare, except Dad of course.
- Beer Brats in a Blanket: Krusteaz’s new Artisan Beer Bread mix makes it easy to cook up this all-time classic and you can even add Dad’s favorite beer!
- Dad Worthy Dips: Leave the jarred salsa in the pantry and put together easy and satisfying dips everyone will enjoy.
- Black Bean, Wheat Germ and Mango Salsa – The combination of Southwestern flavors with the nuttiness of wheat germ pairs great with a classic tortilla.
- Blue Cheese Avocado Dip – Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurt adds a creamy layer to a classic guacamole.
Prep Time 20 min
Total Time 1 hr 10 min
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 package Krusteaz Beer Bread Mix
12 oz beer
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon black pepper
6-8 fully cooked brats
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly grease baking sheet.
In small bowl, combine butter and mustard; set aside.
In large bowl, stir together beer bread mix, beer, cheese and pepper until well blended.
Spread half of batter onto baking sheet to form a rectangle.
Place brats over the batter in a row.
Spoon remaining batter over brats; spread batter to cover.
Bake 42-45 minutes.
Brush top with mustard butter.
MAKES 3 1/2 CUPS
1 15 1/2-ounce can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 avocado, peeled and diced
1 mango, peeled and diced
1 green onion, finely chopped
1/2 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
3 tablespoons Kretschmer Original Toasted Wheat Germ
4 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon lime zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Serve with baked corn tortilla chips.
Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Step 2: Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4 ripe avocados (peeled, seeded, and coarsely mashed)
1 clv garlic (finely minced)
4 scallions (green part only, chopped)
2 T olive oil
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 c Stonyfield Organic Greek Plain Nonfat Yogurt or Stonyfield Organic Plain Fat Free Yogurt
1/2 c blue cheese (crumbled)
Prepare dough using one package Krusteaz Sourdough Bread Mix as directed. Transfer to lightly floured surface. Press dough into 14-inch circle. Place on lightly greased pizza pan. Let rest 10 minutes. Press again to edge of pan. Prick with fork tines at 1-inch intervals. Bake at 400ºF 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Top with your favorite ingredients. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Can’t Have Dip Without the Chips: Serve something you can feel good about with Late July Organic Snack Chips. Organic, nut free and gluten free, they’re the chip you can serve regardless of dietary restrictions! Choose from flavors like Red Hot Mojo or Sub Lime to add some heat.
- The Main Dish: Krusteaz’s bread mixes are perfect for making everyone’s favorite dinner, pizza. Using Krusteaz’s Sourdough Bread Mix this Sourdough Pizza recipe is easy to make and tailor to Dad with all of his favorite toppings.