No Matter How You Like Your Eggs Cooked, KRUPS Egg Cooker Makes Them Perfect Every Time
Did you know that May is National Egg Month? Eggs supply a wide variety of vitamins and minerals such vitamins A, D and E. In fact, egg yolks are one of the few foods that naturally contains vitamin D. Eggs are also low in calories…they are about 75 calories per large egg.
From hard boiled to poached, the incredible, edible egg is a nutritious powerhouse for meal and snack time. Rev up your morning routine with healthy and delicious options utilizing the simplicity and fast cooking of the KRUPS Egg Cooker, allowing you to make eggs 4 ways – soft, medium or hard boiled and poached.
Recipes – Courtesy of KRUPS*
PEPPER JACK BACON DEVILED EGGS
2 tablespoons finely shredded Pepper Jack cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
5 slices bacon
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Chopped chives (garnish)
1. Place eggs in KRUPS Egg Cooker, and remove when hard boiled. Remove and rinse under cold water until cool.
2. Place bacon in a skillet and cook on medium until brown and crispy. Crumble bacon and set aside.
3. Peel the cooled eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place into a small bowl. Mash egg yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, crumbled bacon and cheese. Fill egg white halves with the yolk mixture and sprinkle paprika on the tops of each egg. Add a sprig of parsley to each egg. Refrigerate until serving.
LOX SCRAMBLED EGGS
7 Large Eggs
2 Tablespoons Cream
2 Tablespoons Butter from Grass-fed Cows
4 ounces Wild Salmon Lox
¼ Cup Chopped Scallions
2 Tablespoons Parsley
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Beat the eggs and cream together.
2. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat until it’s melted.
3 .Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the eggs.
4. Break apart lox into small chunks
5. Add lox, scallions, parsley, salt and pepper.
6. Fold eggs until firm
3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
½ cup chopped mushrooms
1/3 cup chopped scallions
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1 cup fresh spinach
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups chopped ham or sausage
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
Salt and Pepper to Taste.
1. In a ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, sprinkle half of both cheeses and set aside.
2. In a medium skillet, sauté mushrooms, onions and red pepper and spinach in butter until tender.
3. Place over cheese and top with ham or sausage. Sprinkle mixture with the remaining cheese.
4. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, flour, parsley, dill, salt and pepper; mix well.
5. Slowly pour over the cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean
Available at Sur La Table for $29.95